Do you remember a while back I said that eating breakfast is for losers?
OK, I never said that, actually. But I did say that I regularly skip breakfast because I’m too cool for school!
No, I didn’t say that either but it was along the lines of me being a fan of intermittent fasting which is really a fabulous thing and you should all look into it. Naturally, this is followed by a resounding “but” because – why else would I post a round up of Breakfast Bowl recipes, right?
So, intermittent fasting is terrific but there are circumstances that call for a hearty breakfast.
I had an exciting development in the past few weeks which prompted me to reconsider some of my habits. I have started working at a winery a couple of days a week, learning how to make wine and assisting the wine maker in all her daily activities. In case you didn’t know (I sure didn’t!), making wine is hard, physical labor. I mean, wear-your-steel-toed-boots-and-reinforced-tactical-pants-to-work kind of labor! It is not for the faint of heart.
Lifting hundreds of wine cases, cleaning out steel tanks the size of a house, pushing around pallets, digging up roots, shlepping around heavy tools and equipment – those are just a few of my tasks while I’m in the wine cellar or out in the vineyard. It’s been tons of fun, though, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to learn a new skill! But this job Wears. You. Down!
During my first week, I was pretty much comatose after each day I worked. I don’t even remember my drive home after the first day of bottling, I was so exhausted! It’s slowly getting better; I can feel my body adapting to the physically demanding work and it feels good to get stronger! And tougher. Rawr.
One thing I can absolutely NOT do without on the days I work at the winery is breakfast. We start our days early and those 4-5 hours until lunch will starve me out if I don’t eat a small breakfast or at the very least, have a smoothie. So, I searched the net for the healthiest, most fabulous and creative breakfast bowl ideas and I can’t wait to share them with you! Check out my findings:
1. Carrot Cake Quinoa Bowls from Destination Delish
2. Simple Hemp Seed Porridge from The Clean Dish
3. Raspberry Breakfast Bowl from Wholefood Simply
4. Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl from Beaming Baker
5. Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowls from Bourbon and Honey
6. Fruit And Chia Bowl from Fooduzzi
7. Baked Quinoa Breakfast Bowl from A Dash of Meg Nut
8. Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl with Tahini from Will Frolic For Food
9. Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl from The Vegan Chickpea
10. Easy & Delicious Raw Açai Bowl from Patrice D’agostino
11. Savory Yogurt Bowl – Mango and Cucumber Raita with Lentils from MJ And Hungryman
12. Bondi Breakfast Bowl from To Her Core
13. Yellow Split Pea Breakfast Bowl from Blissful Basil
14. Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Bowls With Roasted Spring Vegetables from The Full Helping
15. Savoury Veggie Quinoa Flakes from Strength And Sunshine
16. Berry Beet Acai Breakfast Bowl from Gourmande In the Kitchen
17. Antioxidant Packed Raspberry Smoothie Bowl from The Clean Dish
18. Savory Pesto Quinoa Breakfast Bowls from Simply Quinoa
19. Zucchini Noodle Breakfast Bowl from The Almond Eater
20. Quinoa and Lentil Power Bowl from C- Nitnutritionally
21. Siam Lentil Bowl with Thai Cashew Pesto from Natural Comfort Kitchen
22. Grain Free Chocolate Granola from Gourmand in the Kitchen