These baked zucchini slices are coated with cashew flour and make a terrific side or snack! Cashew Baked Zucchini are straight up paleo, grain free, gluten free and 100% tasty!
Thanks to Trader Joe’s, I am making all kinds of cashew goodies these days! Since they have started to carry cashew meal, I’ve been all over this stuff. It’s ironic because I’m all about making things from scratch (cashew flour = ground cashews) so why I haven’t used cashew flour more often in the past, I do not know! Convenience is definitely a factor. Prepackaged beats having to process nuts at home, even though it’s not complicated or time consuming.
So last night when we decided to go vegetarian for dinner, I made these Cashew Baked Zucchini in place of meat and it was love at first bite! I love nutty squash dishes so this will be a regular on the menu as it takes very little time to make/bake these guys. You can add grated cheese to your flour mixture but I decided to keep it simple.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup of cashew flour
- 1 egg
- salt (about ½ teaspoon or less)
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini into rings.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. In a separate bowl, mix cashew flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of zucchini in egg and let any excess egg drip off before you move on to the next step.
- Coat egg-covered zucchini in cashew flour and place on baking tray. Bake on each side for about 6-8 minutes, until each side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately & Enjoy!