Boost your immune system with this powerful and nutritious green juice! This energizing, fresh mix of parsley, green apples and lime is loaded with antioxidants and extremely high in vitamin C! Cheers!
That’s right, I am capitalizing Parsley. I reserve the right to do so because Parsley has a starring role in this Wunder-Juice performance and here is why:
Parsley is pretty darn powerful.
With kale in the limelight, we sometimes forget that there is plant food with just as many health benefits as everyone’s favorite hardy cabbage; may I be so bold to suggest Parsley is one of them?
Immunity Booster Parsley
Parsley contains massive amounts of vitamin C – more than oranges! That’s truly outstanding as vitamin C, among many things, is a strong antioxidant (free radicals no more!) and strengthens our immune system.
Parsley the Tumor Inhibitor
Parsley is a “chemoprotective” food. In other words, Parsley has the ability to neutralize certain carcinogens (cancer causing agents) such as cigarette smoke and charcoal grill smoke. Go Parsley!
Prevent Heart Diseases with Parsley
Parsley is an excellent source of folic acid which helps prevent heart attacks and strokes. Folic acid is also an important nutrient for cancer prevention – it supports proper cell division.
This list is, as always, not exhaustive; I’m just outlining some of the major health benefits of this herb! Yes, Parsley is an herb, not a vegetable. True story.
This Immunity Boosting Parsley-Apple-Lime Juice is one of my favorites for sure! I love the fresh, citrus-y flavor and get an instant energy kick from it.
A quick note on the ingredients:
- I use Italian flat leaf parsley as it tends to be less bitter than the curly kind. Use either one, though. They are both extremely healthy!
- Apples are among the Dirty Dozen – please buy organic if you can!
- 1 small bunch parsley (e.g. Italian flat leaf parsley)
- 1 apple, (e.g. Granny Smith), quartered
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Optional: chia seeds
- Process parsley, apple and orange in a juicer.
- Add lime juice and serve immediately. Enjoy!