These sunshiny, lemon flavored, boozy coconut pops are the perfect after dinner treat with a small amount of Limoncello! Not only are they raw, vegan, grain & gluten free, I included directions to keep these 100% refined sugar free so all of you can enjoy them!
Those of you who don’t have a bottle of Limoncello handy – do not fret! I actually made these without. This time, at least!
Why? Because we’re out of homemade Limoncello and commercial Limoncello contains massive amounts of (refined) sugar. So it’s hopefully to everyone’s benefit that I figured out a simple way to replace Limoncello: Vodka and lemon extract. You can’t tell the difference except that these guys taste a tad more lemon-y than they would otherwise!
Either way, I’m more comfortable this way; I personally have slacked on the no-sugar front a little. I’m definitely not militant if it comes to avoiding sugar: I mainly don’t eat (refined) sugary stuff for health reasons which isn’t all that hard seeing that most sweet treats are way too sweet for me anyhow. I will, however, take a hearty bite out of a chocolate croissants if the opportunity presents itself but there have been too many chocolate croissants lately so it’s time to refocus on the goal: Eat clean and be healthy!
I know you guys understand (or else you’re just here to get a new recipe for a boozy treat which works for me, too 😉 )
- 1 tablespoon unrefined, virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened + some for dusting
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello OR grain & gluten free vodka (e.g. potato vodka)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Form 10-12 balls and roll them in coconut shreds; If the dough is too crumbly, add a little more coconut oil (1 teaspoon at a time).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.